I don’t know about you, but I work in an office and even though I generally pack snacks…sometimes I eat them by 1:30 😦 So when 3:30 rolls around, I’m starving and I have 2 options – vending machine or heading to the store. FYI: I never choose to just not eat a snack…doesn’t happen in my world.
After a less than stellar lunch (ate part and then tossed), string cheese for a replacement that was bad and a drawer of 3 Lara Bars and tea I knew I needed some new office snacks. I set out to the store immediately because a) I was starving and b)I needed a break from work after a stressful morning. I went up and down every aisle (of just your regular old grocery store – I do what I can in the burbs) in search of a snack that fits the following criteria: natural, decent source of protein and fiber, low in sugar and satisfying enough to keep me out of the vending machine.
– Instant Oatmeal – while I hate the added sugar, convenience is key here and I had been wanting to try the Simple Harvest line (I thought it was rather average, probably wouldn’t buy again)
– Annie’s Mac – this was total impulse, not sure what prompted this but it definitely brought back memories of Saturday nights as a kid, home alone with my Brother watching Walker Texas Ranger and being scared out of my mind
– Luna & Cliff Bars – love Lara but sometimes I need chocolate something that tastes a little more like dessert 😉
– Tuna – while this will be made at home it is a great addition to a soup and salad lunch
– Hummus – I heart it. That is all I have to say.
What snacks do you bring to work or have on a regular basis?